3 cups chopped sweet onions
10 cup fresh spinach
3/4 cup sharp provolone cheese
1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 large egg whites
2 (15-ounce) carton part-skim ricotta cheese
3 cups diced peeled butternut squash
3 cans pre-diced tomatoes
12 oven-ready whole wheat lasagna noodles
1 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Heat a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; sauté for 1minute or so until spinach wilts. Combine provolone, parsley, salt, pepper, eggs, and ricotta cheese in a large bowl.
3. Place squash in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and cook on high 5 minutes or until tender.
4. Coat the bottom and sides of 2 (8-inch-square) baking dishes with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 cup diced tomatoes in the bottom of one prepared dish. Arrange 2 noodles over sauce; spread 1 cup cheese mixture over noodles. Arrange 1 1/2 cups squash over cheese mixture; spread 3/4 cup sauce over squash.
5. Arrange 2 noodles over sauce; spread 1 cup cheese mixture over the noodles. Arrange 1 1/2 cups onion mixture over cheese mixture; spread 3/4 cup sauce over spinach mixture.
6. Arrange 2 noodles over sauce; spread 1 cup Smoky Marinara evenly over noodles. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan. Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients in remaining pan. Cover each pan with foil.
7. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes.
8. Let cool for 5 min. Sprinkle chopped parsley on-top for garnish. Serve hot!